+24 are looking for a talented and experienced software development manager to lead the software development team on a variety of exciting projects.
The +24 team are used to working with high-pressure software accounts for household names and are an outsourced R&D team for a number of clients. This new role is to help support and shape the future growth of the technology side of the business. Projects range from customer portals, stock management systems through to embedded software for IoT products integrated into AWS architecture.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take this talented team to the next level, aligning with the company’s recent growth and ambitious plans for the future.
The role will involve the day to day management and technical direction of the software team. It will include designing and writing technical briefs (internal & client-facing), overseeing change management for customers, project management (potentially multiple disciplines) and quality assurance of a variety of projects.
- Must have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of hands-on software design and development experience
- Expert knowledge and significant experience in Software and Solution architecture
- A disciplined approach to design and coding adhering to SOLID OOP principles and Test-Driven Development
- Experience in databases such as MSSQL, MySQL
- DevOps experience, deploying applications using GitHub, Jenkins
- Familiar SDLC methodologies
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial
- Great analytical skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions with stakeholders
- Experience working with and mentoring team members
- Ability to lead and motivate a team with proven experience
- Experience with cloud-based software development and deployment experience in Azure or AWS is a plus
- Knowledge of Web Servers, Load Balancing, Clustering, Configuration, Nginx, Apache
- Knowledge of Virtualization and orchestration paradigms such as Docker, Kubernetes, VSphere, Zookeeper
- Experience with PHP Frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, Lumen
- Exciting opportunity to help develop and shape the growing team
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects in the IoT and AI space alongside the cloud software development
- Excellent salary (£40,000 to £60,000 DOE) with the opportunity to grow within the company
- Training, professional development and career progression path
- A fantastic team environment
- Regular company socials
- Opportunity to get involved in our community efforts
- Other work perks
- Plus, this is our office
Note: Applications will close as soon as the position is filled. Suitable candidates will be asked to complete a small Symfony project in their own time to demonstrate their skills and knowledge of the different areas.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Dave & Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org